Most of the immigration work involved in attending school in the United States is taken care of by the universities where the student or scholar will matriculate or work. But in some circumstances, students and scholars need additional assistance.

The Popp Law Office, located in Bloomington, Indiana, home to Indiana University, assists students and scholars who need assistance with many issues related to their status, including: Reinstatement of F-1 status for students who have fallen out of status; Waivers of the two-year home residence requirement that attaches to some J-1 visas; and advising on issues particular to some students, such as applying for asylum and advice on the immigration consequences of arrests and criminal charges.

What can the Popp Law Office do for me?

In our first consultation, we will discuss your entire immigration history (including past criminal violations). We will also determine what your short and long-term goals are in the United States. Through this conversation, we will determine what options are best for you and what you can expect in the immigration process, as well as what costs (including legal fees) you can anticipate. You will leave the first meeting with a roadmap of what you can do and what you need to do to obtain status in the United States.